Who can become an Educator?bambini-kids-03

In accordance with the Education and Care Services National Regulations all Educators must have:

  • Working with children check and police check
  • Current first aid training
  • Current CPR, asthma training and anaphylaxis training
  • A commitment to safety and prepared to follow the National Standards for family day care
  • A home that meets safety and environmental requirements
  • Minimum Certificate 3 in Childrens Services
  • PRODA number

Additional Requirements

All educators are required by law to take out insurance. Family Day Care Australia (and other insurance agents) provide an insurance policy specially designed for family day care and offer a payment scheme that enables you to avoid up front costs. For further information see www.familydaycare.com.au

Benefits of Registering with Bambini 


  • Run your own business working from home
  • Set your own days and hours 
  • Regular professional development opportunities
  • Regular visits to provide support and reccomendations in relation to the Early Years Frameworks and National Quality Standards
  • Processing and management of all attendance records via the Child Care Management System
  • Assistance to run your own community events

FAQ for Educators

Do I need any qualifications to be an educator?

bambini-kids-06The Education and Care Services National Regulations require that all educators must have, or be enrolled on a course to qualify for, a minimum of certificate 3 in children's services.

How do I know that my home is appropriate for caring for children?

Bambini will undertake a home safety check in accordance with the Education and Care Services National Regulations to establish whether or not the home is clean, safe and will be an environment that children feel comfortable in.

Will I need to register my own company?

You can register a company if you wish but most educators operate as self-employed contractors (also called sole traders) which mean that you operate your own business in your own name.

You can register for an ABN online at www.abr.gov.au This service is free and will provide you with an ABN at the end of the online registration process which takes only 10 minutes or so. Further information on considerations when starting a business, such as whether to operate as a sole trader, company or other structure, can be found at www.business.gov.au

Links to other helpful websites

Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority
Department of Human Services
Child care benefit
My Child
Child care benefit ready reckoner
Child Care Rebate
Family Day Care Australia
Community Child Care Victoria
Early Childhood Australia
Gowrie Victoria

Make an enquiry

You can call (03) 9813 5680 or make an enquiry here. You can also request us to call you back here.